A plugin (or plug-in) is a software component that adds a specific feature to an existing computer program. When a program supports plug-ins, it enables customization.
« Back to Glossary Index
- Where Are The WordPress Plugins Stored?Where are the WordPress plugins stored is a great question. WordPress has adopted a highly standardized and easy to use common directory for all core files and folders. This allows every plugin to be easy stored, updated, edited, and managed. This also allows for non-technical end users to manage their data without having a degree in computer engineering.
- How Do WordPress Plugins Work?It seems like there is a plugin for just about everything you could possibly want to do with your WordPress website. This is a good thing. Plugins give your site utility beyond the standard functions of your chosen theme. This begs the question: How do WordPress plugins work?
- What Are WordPress Plugins Used For?The plugins are the building blocks of the utility of the website. A loaded WordPress theme is a blank slate with highly limited functionality. So, if you are thinking of building an ecommerce store you would want to include plugins that included ecommerce features like payment gateways and product management.
- 7 Tips for Choosing the Right WordPress Development CompanyAre you on the hunt for a WordPress development company to help you with your next project but don’t know what you should be looking for? This article lays out the top 7 tips you should keep in mind when choosing a WordPress development agency you can trust. Keep reading on for everything you need to know.
- What Is a Glossary Of Terms?Do you ever read a technical blog and wonder what words mean? Or not completely understand how the author is using a term and want to learn more? Professional blogs and technical sites gain authority by providing an internal link for each technical word to a page that describes the word and how it is used.